The Marketing Manager position is responsible for planning and implementing marketing programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Reports to: VP Marketing and Design
Direct reports: None at this moment, as business grows Marketing Manager will be expected to identify team growth requirements.
Essential Functions —
- Assist the VP Marketing and Design in the establishment of annual marketing plan and provide inputs to enable ongoing plan optimization.
- Coordinate execution of business marketing plan to the direction of the VP Marketing and
- Develop and implement owned strategic marketing plans to achieve business
- Provide the planning to the Marketing Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the Marketing
- Establish a system of reports and communications for all information from the marketing team to the sales team and other departments as required.
- Prepare new product marketing plans for product introductions in cooperation with senior management colleagues in Engineering, Sales, and other departments.
- Lead, participate, and prepare organizational participation at industry, community, and sales events
- Liaise with and guide external suppliers such as PR, design, copyrighting, and other services to ensure execution and delivery against marketing
- Organize and direct marketing and strategy meetings on a regular basis whereby the strategy and promotion programs are reviewed organizationally to ensure alignment
- Develop and manage operating budgets for owned functions within
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media etc
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing
- Support development of product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales
- Experience working in or with consumer electronics in product marketing is highly desirable, especially understanding go-to-marketing process
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected during trade shows.
Required Education and Experience —
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Minimum of three to five years of related experience with progressive management
- Experience working within an agency or within an consumer electronics organization in a similar
Remuneration and Benefits —
- Base salary of $75,000 p/a
- Health insurance and 401K Two weeks paid vacation
Company provided laptop and other business related equipment
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.