RoboOS 2.0 version
All notable changes to RoboOS will be documented in this file. For a detailed guide to updating to the most recent version of RoboOS, click here.
- Z-Offset wizard will now start with the nozzle closer to the bed.
- Added new PID tuning wizard, which can be used to tune any heater to stabilize the temperatures.
- The Fine Tune Z-Offset wizard has been improved with faster speeds, a new options menu and a circular test print pattern.
- Saved Wi-Fi passwords will now display as asterisks on the screen.
- The on-screen API QR code will be blocked when the Access Control security feature is enabled.
- EEPROM will now show a custom increment range for each value (i.e. Accelerations has a +100 button but Home Offset does not).
- Added a timeout to the update system.
- Disabled EEPROM tool during print to avoid a bed crash.
- USB will now warn the user if the USB drive is unsupported or unmounted.
- Adjusted Z-Offset acquisition point to accommodate new auto leveling algorithm.
- Updated slicing profiles on web dashboard and touchscreen.
- Added Access Control security feature to control remote access through the internet.
- New setup wizard added to the web dashboard interface.
- SSH is disabled by default unless it is enabled via Access Control setup wizard on the web dashboard.
- Fixed bug when cancelling a print that caused the nozzle to crash into the bed.
- Updated filament sensor plugin to accommodate Access Control.
- Updated to base Marlin 1.1.6.
- Added G35 command. Auto adjust Probe Offset (M851 Z) for ambient light levels based on the trigger distance of the IR probe. This requires Home Offset Z (M206 Z) to be set.
- Added G36 command which will home, run G35, then run G29.
- Updated the auto leveling algorithm from a slope to a mesh.
- Fixed screen freeze when you try to print a file and your Z-Offset is set outside range of 0 or -20.
- Supports gcode, stl, and hex files. Selecting STLs will push you through the slicing wizard. Selecting hex files will push you through the firmware update wizard.
- Supports local and usb mounted filesystems.
- Sort by a-z, size, date, or file type.
- Copy, move, or delete multiple files and folders at once.
- Displays storage capacity used and total.
- Meta data analysis performed when new file is selected for faster loading of file view.
- Reset connection screens now show connection status to printer's motor and temperature controls.
- Filament change will now push material through the nozzle before starting the retraction move. This mitigates filaments that get stuck and can't be pulled out easily.
- Added gcode command, 'F3000', to raise Z option in motor controls so it would rise at an acceptable speed.
- Fixed Network Title. It used to say Wizards.
- Fixed the error box starting up with a solid white image.
- Fixed up and down buttons getting stuck on the File screen.
- Fixed keyboard bug that would keep the keyboard up when an error occurred.
- Tool monitor will now show one decimal place. Graphical errors occurred when showing two or more decimal places.
- Hex files saved on file system will load correctly.
- Custom preheat settings.
- Z-Offset wizard measures Z-Offset from corner for accuracy.
- Added confirmation screens to reset eeprom, shut down, reboot, reset connection, and delete files and folders.
- Added more custom settings to Slicer Wizard: brim, build plate rafts, non-build plate rafts, temperature, and fans on.
- Installing dual extruders do not crash the screen.
- Error message no longer displays "printing" when screen disconnects from motor controls while printing. It will display a real error message.
- Improved print quality for Filament_Tube_Clips.
- Added easy-access toggle button for camera.
- Print Tuning responsive redesign.
- Motors can be disengaged under Utilities>>Options>>Motors Offset.
- Reset connection to printer controls at any time through Utilities>>Options>>Connection.
- Firmware Update has been moved to Utilities>>Options.
- Printer Status screen responsive redesign.
- Support for Error Messages.
- Quick access to temperature controls and motor controls through printer status screen.
- Printing progress bar with elapsed time and remaining added to printer status screen.
- New Fine Tune Z-Offset Wizard: calibrate your Z-Offset to the hundredth of a mm. Can also be used to level your bed.
- New Bed Level Calibration Wizard for R2 only: guides you on how to level your R2's bed.
- See target temperature on set-temperature screen.
- Various language edits.
- Filament Load/Change will not mess with temperature while printing, and will set the E-Steps back to normal.
- Supports onboard sliced files.
- Supports onboard sliced files.
- Restarting Octoprint no longer hangs when webcam is on.
- Hotspot mode retry button does not freeze screen.
- Removed connection delays between Octoprint and Mainboard.
- Adjust Z-Offset decimal styling error in wizard.
- Backing out of filament wizards does not freeze screen.
- QR code is bounded within blue boxes.
- Ensures baudrate is 115200.
- Ensures webcam stops before restart.
- Webcam viewport is straightened out.
- Removed screen squish.